How Paint Can Help Sell Your House
If you’re getting ready to sell your home, you will be wanting to prepare to make the best first impression possible for potential buyers. You want their first thought to be that they could see themselves living in your house. For this to happen, you’ll want to pay special attention to:
- Curb appeal – landscaping and yard upkeep
- Condition of the appliances
- De-Cluttering and removing personal touches
- Organized closets and drawers
- Complete minor repairs
- Fresh coat of paint
Believe it or not, having a fresh coat of paint on your walls is one of the most important things you can do to make a great presentation for potential home buyers. The right new paint job makes your home look well maintained, clean, inviting and stand out in a crowd of other homes for sale.
Tips for Painting Your Home to Sell
- Home buyers aren’t necessarily going to like those bright blue walls that you love so much…you’ll need to tone it down…choose neutral colors. Neutral colors are typically light and have the tendency to make the space look larger. Neutral colors don’t have to be boring or all white, there are many you can choose from:
- Warm grays
- Soft creamy browns and beiges
- Whites come in a variety of shades…choose something with a touch of pearl in it
- Pale yellow
- Soft silvers
- Earth tones
- Remove all wallpaper and replace with painted surfaces. Wallpaper can be dated, distracting and is a very personal way to decorate, which will more than likely not appeal to everyone.
- Choose room specific colors:
- In the bathroom choose light airy colors
- In the kitchen choose soft, warm and clean looking colors
- In bedrooms and living areas choose something that is neutral and relaxing
- Make sure all of your doors and trims are at least touched up, clean and in good repair
- Repaint your front door to make the entrance into your house is interesting, similar to the other houses in the neighborhood, but not too bold
- If the exterior of the house is in need of a fresh coat of paint, get inspiration for the color by driving around your neighborhood to see what others are using and what is appealing.
- After the painting is complete, make sure there aren’t any splatters or dips left around…a good clean up job is vital to a good paint job.
Remember, you only have one chance for a good first impression, make it a good one!
Call Claffey’s Painting, we’ll give you a Free quote, help you get your home ready to sell, and get the job done right.
Claffey’s Painting is a full service painting contractor serving Western Washington, Chelan, Douglas and Kittitas Counties. We have painted over 7000 homes and would enjoy the opportunity to help paint yours. We can guide you through all the decision making processes so you get the right paint for the right job, and the professional job you’re looking for.